Dr. Jack Newman
Other Publications (Medical)
- Incidence of Injuries from Walkers, Ont Med Review, 1985;52:663-4
- Breastfeeding: What to do when Problems Arise, Medifacts, 1988;XVIII;no 3
- Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome--Ped Inf Dis J 1987;6:875 (letter)
- Fever. Chapter in Conn’s Current Therapy. Robert E. Rakel editor,1990 Edition, W.B. Saunders Co.
- Oral rehydration and breastfeeding. Ped Inf Dis J 1990;9:147 (letter)
- Inadequate breastfeeding and jaundice. Pediatrics 1990;85:893 (letter)
- Drugs and breastmilk. Pediatrics 1990;86:148 (letter)
- WHO code. The Canadian Nurse 1991;87:6 (letter)
- Breastfeeding and Jaundice. What exactly is the problem? CanPediatrQuarterly 1991;5:237-42 (solicited manuscript) (UNICEF’s Breastfeeding Paper of the Month, April 1993)
- Formula Companies and the Medical Profession. AJDC 1991;145:1089-90 (letter)
- Comment. Polluted or not, breast milk still best. Ontario Medicine 1991;10 (18):2
- Breast milk: Issues and controversies. Contemporary Pediatrics 1991;2(4):6-11 (solicited manuscript)
- Encouraging, Supporting, and Maintaining Breastfeeding: The Obstetrician’s Role. Journal SOGC 1991;13 (9):15-23. (solicited manuscript)
- The Breastfeeding Support Programme. IMPrint (Newsletter of the Infant Mental Health Promotion Project). 1991-2;2:8-10
- Would breastfeeding decrease risks of lead intoxication? Pediatrics 1992;90:131 (letter)
- Breast milk: Issues and controversies. (reprint of article in Contemporary Pediatrics). Contemporary Ob/Gyn 1992;1:6-12
- In Support of Breastfeeding. Can Med Assoc J. 1992;147:583-4 (letter)
- Water Intoxication: A problem of bottle feeding. AJDC 1992;146:1131-2 (letter)
- Nipple Confusion. Pediatrics 1993;92:297-8 (letter)
- Breastfeeding: Are hospitals encouraging new mothers to reach for the bottle? Leadership 1994;3:4 (guest editorial)
- Nipple Pain. JOGNN 1994;23:12 (letter)
- Mother’s Milk for Preterm Infants. Can Med Assoc J 1995;153:1415-6 (letter)
- How Breast Milk Protects Newborns. Scientific American 1995;273:76-9
- Timing of Solid Food Introduction and Safety of Radiopharmaceuticals. JHL 1996;12:10-11 (letter)
- Breastfeeding. The Health Journal 1996;1:11-12
- Is alcohol so bad for breastfeeding mothers? JHL 1996;12;93 (letter)
- Breastfeeding. Getting Enough Milk.The Health Journal 1996;1: 26
- Treating Sore Nipples. Can J Pediatr 1996;7:436-41
- Sore Breasts: diagnosis and treatment. Can J Peditr 1996;7:442-7
- Breastfeeding and Guilt. International Journal of Childbirth Education. 1996;11:32
- Caution regarding nipple shields. JHL 1997;13:12-3 (letter)
- It makes a difference. ORGYN. 1997:VIII;28-32
- Breastfeeding must be priority in aboriginal health promotion. P¾diatr Child Health 1997;2:160 (letter)
- Helping new mothers with nipple pain. Can J Diagnosis 1997;14:55-66
- When breastfeeding is not contraindicated. Breastfeeding Abstracts 1997;16:27
- What drugs can I take while breastfeeding? Can J Diagnosis 1998;15:105-20
If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.
Donate online: canadahelps.orgDonate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.
© 2002-2019 Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any specific questions or concerns about any health issue, you should consult with a qualified healthcare provider.
The AskLenore administration is not affiliated with, nor sponsored by, nor do we sell or receive any commissions or incentives from, any of the products or services that we link to on this website. Therefore, we are not responsible for the accuracy, quality, availability, or suitability of said products or services. You should always do your own research and due diligence before purchasing or using any product or service that we link to on this website.
The views and opinions expressed on the message boards are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of asklenore.info. Any content provided by our users are of their opinion and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual or anyone or anything.