Dr. Jack Newman
Publications (Peer Reviewed)
- Evaluation of Sponging to Reduce Body Temperature in Febrile Children, Can Med Assoc J, 1985;132:641-42
- “Nursemaid’s Elbow” in Infants 6 months and Under, J Emerg Med 1985;2:403-4
- Breastfeeding, the Problem of “Not Enough Milk”, Can Fam Phys 1986;32:571-4
- Patterns of Walker Use and Walker Injury, Pediatrics, 1986;78:488-93
- Intussusception in Infants under 4 Months, Can Med Assoc J 1987;136:266-68
- Breastfeeding Problems presenting to the emergency department: Diagnosis and Management. Ped Emerg Care 1989;5:198-201
- Breast Rejection: A little-appreciated cause of lactation failure. Can Fam Phys 1990; 36:449-453
- Malaria in Children. Ped Emerg Care 1990;6:40-44
- Breastfeeding Problems Associated with the Early Introduction of Bottles and Pacifiers. J Hum Lact 1990;6:59-63
- Rapid Intravenous Rehydration in the Pediatric Emergency Department, Ped Emerg Care, 1990;6:186-188
- When Breast-feeding is not Contraindicated. Can Fam Phys, 1991;37:969-75
- Bottle-feeding as normal (Guest Editorial). J Hum Lact, 1992;8:2-4
- Establishing Breastfeeding : Starting off Right. Can J Pediatr 1992;4:55-60
- The Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative. Can J Pediatr 1992;4:117-122
- Breastfeeding in a polluted world: uncertain risks clear benefits. Can Med Assoc J 1993;149:33-37 (UNICEF’s Breastfeeding Paper of the Month, May 1994)
- Decision tree and postpartum management for preventing dehydration in the “breastfed” baby. J Hum Lact 1996;12:129-35 (Chosen best article of 1996 by JHL readers)
If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.
Donate online: canadahelps.orgDonate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.
© 2002-2019 Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any specific questions or concerns about any health issue, you should consult with a qualified healthcare provider.
The AskLenore administration is not affiliated with, nor sponsored by, nor do we sell or receive any commissions or incentives from, any of the products or services that we link to on this website. Therefore, we are not responsible for the accuracy, quality, availability, or suitability of said products or services. You should always do your own research and due diligence before purchasing or using any product or service that we link to on this website.
The views and opinions expressed on the message boards are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of asklenore.info. Any content provided by our users are of their opinion and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual or anyone or anything.