Before using domperidone
Remember: Before using domperidone, the breastfeeding should be fixed, and as quickly as possible. This means:
- Getting the best latch possible. This alone may result in the baby getting enough milk.
- Using compression to continue milk intake by the baby.
- “Finish” one side before offering the other (see this page for an explanation on how to know the baby is getting milk)
- Do not limit the baby to one side if the baby is not getting enough. Switch to the other side once the baby is no longer getting milk even with the compression.
- Switch back and forth, as long as the baby is getting good amounts of milk.
- See the protocol for increasing breastmilk intake by the baby.
Newman-Goldfarb Protocols for Induced Lactation® © 2002-2019
Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC and Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC
If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.
Donate online: canadahelps.orgDonate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.
© 2002-2019 Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any specific questions or concerns about any health issue, you should consult with a qualified healthcare provider.
The AskLenore administration is not affiliated with, nor sponsored by, nor do we sell or receive any commissions or incentives from, any of the products or services that we link to on this website. Therefore, we are not responsible for the accuracy, quality, availability, or suitability of said products or services. You should always do your own research and due diligence before purchasing or using any product or service that we link to on this website.
The views and opinions expressed on the message boards are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of asklenore.info. Any content provided by our users are of their opinion and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual or anyone or anything.